How to Ask for Reviews via Email, and Why Customer Review is ImportantOn July 31, 2019 by administrator
Customer reviews are a potent marketing tool which can help you boost your sales and establish a strong brand image. In this article, we’ll talk about the psychology behind customer reviews and the ways to integrate this tactic into your email marketing strategy. So read on to get the answer to the most popular question: How to ask for reviews?
Why is customer review important?
Nearly 95% of customers read reviews before making a purchase, 84% of them trusting online reviews as much as personal recommendations. These numbers represent a social proof in action: it establishes a strong value proposition of the product through the demonstration of its popularity and success among consumers.
Social proof is based on a few psychological principles, including the implicit egotism tendency and self-determination theory.
According to the implicit egotism tendency, people get attracted to everything that mirrors themselves. For instance, when customers read reviews, they may find a problem that bothers them too, which becomes a trigger to purchase a product or service.
Self-determination theory, in its turn, tells us that a human is a social animal whose feeling of connection with other human beings is a basic psychological need. In short, people may unconsciously think, “I want to have what they are having,” while reading reviews of a product.
Now, let’s step away from psychological factors and see what else is important to know about customer reviews.
More reviews equal higher company rating, thus, more potential customers. Online reviews make up 15% of Google local search ranking factors based on aspects like review quantity, velocity, quality, diversity, and others. It means that the more quality reviews your company gets, the higher are your chances to appear on the first page of Google search results, which is very important, provided 95% of people never go to page 2.
How to use customer reviews
No matter in what ways you will use customer reviews, remember that your business will benefit from them in any case.
So what are the benefits?
Room for improvement. You can upgrade your services or products based on the reviews. Your customers might offer useful ideas or point out bugs that you haven’t noticed before.
Customer loyalty. By analyzing your statistics and checking who is more active at leaving reviews, you can identify the most loyal customers and make them a part of your VIP list, whom you will present gifts or invite to special events.
Higher revenues. Displaying reviews may increase sales by 270%. So, you can publish them on your social media accounts, share them via email, or feature them on your product landing pages to prove to customers that you are the real deal.
And Comfort, for instance, share feedback and even photos of women wearing their apparel in emails to demonstrate and increase customer loyalty.
How to get customer reviews
Asking customers for reviews should always be up to the point. Here we recommend two steps: post-purchase email and post-review email.
Step 1. Asking customers for reviews through a post-purchase email
Post-purchase emails are automated messages usually sent after a customer completes a transaction. In fact, 80% of reviews are collected owing to a post-purchase email which contains a link to a purchased product, and it’s easy to explain why. While customers’ interest in the company they’ve just been interacting with is still high right after a purchase, they will be more likely leave their reviews.
A typical post-purchase email contains one or more questions about a purchased product and a call to action button leading to the review page. Take a look at an example from Chewy below:
While asking customers for reviews, the company wants them to evaluate every item purchased instead of the entire purchase. What is more, there are images of these items so that the customers won’t feel confused about what products they are supposed to review.
Apart from product images, there are some other tips on how to compose an effective post-purchase email asking customers for reviews:
- Give your customer enough time to try the product. Depending on the category of products you sell, it might take from one day to a couple of weeks. For example, people need more time to study and get the hang of electronic devices than to try on new apparel.
- Create an engaging subject line. You can include the mention of the purchased product or the bonus which a customer will get after leaving a review. Experiment with emojis, questions, and store names to find a perfect subject line formula which will motivate subscribers to open your emails.
- Make your email copy short and comprehensible. Avoid longreads. Just thank your customer for the purchase and explain why it’s important for your company to get their reviews.
- Pay attention to reviews people leave. Embrace both positive and negative feedback in a post-review email.
Step 2. Responding to customer reviews in a post-review email
Seeing that companies respond to feedback makes 41% of consumers perceive brand like the one that cares about their customers. So, do not neglect this step. Your feedback will always depend on the review itself:
- When the review is negative. Let the customer know that you do your best to solve the upcoming problems and leave some contact information of a specialist who can work on the issue. It’s essential to keep in touch with the consumer until the problem is solved.
- When the review is positive. Thank your customers and offer them to share that review on social media or your website. You can apply cross-selling technique and demonstrate some other products as well.
Some companies tend to demonstrate how helpful a user’s review was for them. For example, TripAdvisor provides interesting statistics on reviews every month, motivating subscribers to leave their feedback more often.
They also apply elements of gamification and give awards to the most active users.
Quick final tips
Customer feedback can significantly raise your sales and brand reputation if you know how to ask for reviews and how to apply them.
Use subject lines, preheaders, and content of your emails to motivate users to leave a review and respond to it as soon as you receive it. Remember that the most important features of the emails asking customers for reviews are simplicity and a friendly tone of voice. Value negative reviews as they help you grow and always solve upcoming issues to leave every customer happy.
Asking customers for reviews should become one of your routine tasks, and that is where SendPulse will always be helpful. What is more, with our service, you will be able to build your entire email strategy, track all important metrics, and combine email with other tools like web push and Facebook chatbots.
[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
Temp Mails (Tempemail.co) is a new free temporary email addresses service. This service provide you random 10 minutes emails addresses. It is also known by names like: temporary mail, disposable mail, throwaway email, one time mail, anonymous email address… All emails received by Tempmail servers are displayed automatically in your online browser inbox
- 2-way anonymous communication
- advantages of email marketing
- advantages of using email marketing
- after sale email
- anonymized email relaying
- anonymous messaging
- asking customers for reviews
- b2b email examples
- b2b email marketing examples
- benefits of email
- benefits of email marketing
- best chatbot builder
- best email marketing agencies
- best free seo tools
- best practices for email signatures
- best seo tools
- business email address
- chatbot builder
- churn rate
- churn rate calculation
- churn rate formula
- custom domain email address
- custom email address
- Digital Marketing Tips
- double opt-in
- ecommerce email
- EE review
- Elastic Email opinions
- Elastic Email review
- Elastic Email user review
- email campaign ecommerce
- Email Campaign Ideas
- email churn rate
- Email Design
- email design tips
- email fatigue
- email history
- email industry trends
- email list fatigue
- email marketing
- email marketing 2019
- email marketing agencies
- email marketing benefits
- email marketing conferences
- email marketing events
- email marketing fatigue
- Email Marketing Tips
- email marketing trends
- email marketing trends 2019
- email opt-in rate
- email optin rate
- Email PieSync integration
- email signature best practices
- email template design
- email testing tools
- ESP reviews
- export mailchimp list
- export mailchimp template
- facebook chatbot builder
- free seo tools
- get customer reviews
- Great content tips for boring businesses
- guest post guidelines
- guest posting
- how to ask for a review
- how to avoid email fatigue
- how to calculate conversion rate
- how to export mailchimp list
- how to fight email fatigue
- how to get new subscribers double opt-in
- how to reduce churn rate
- how to set up a business email address
- how to write a guest post
- importance of email marketing
- improve optin rate
- Integrate ESP with PieSync
- interesting content for boring business
- interesting content for boring industry
- Marketing Analytics
- Marketing Strategy
- new subscribers
- opinion about Elastic Email
- product landing page
- product landing page design
- product landing page examples
- professional email marketing agencies
- professional email signature examples
- sales conversion rate
- sales conversion rate formula
- seo tools
- submit a guest post
- subscription confirmation email
- the inventor of email
- top email marketing agencies
- Top List
- Transactional Email
- true story of email
- two-way anonymous communication
- Useful Apps for Digital Marketing
- Useful Business Tips
- What people think about Elastic Email